amd64 Freeze Issue Sorted out

Siju George sgeorge.ml at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 04:39:33 PDT 2010

Hi,The amd64 intermediate freeze issue is fixed in X by using a PS/2 mouse instead of a USB mouse.Even now when things are typed on the gmail interface it takes time to appear on the screen at certain intervals but the mouse cursor can be moved even during that waiting time. The USB mouse I used works well with all other OSes. So is it a problem with the USB mouse driver?
Changing desktops in awesome takes a bit of delay to redraw the screen.If Chris gives me the green signal to use Xorg-Server from pkgsrc-2010Q2 then I can try that and see if this improves.because I got the Qemu port from Chris for 2010Q1
Thanks :-)--Siju