First file to look at in dragonfly src tree

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Thu Apr 8 05:10:57 PDT 2010

Am 07.04.2010 20:44, schrieb Vivek Ayer:
I just checked out the dragonfly src tree from avalon and was
wondering which source file you all would recommend to look at first
to get a feel for how the kernel and system works. I supposed wherever
'int main' is, right?
Vivek,

the native kernel has no main() function. It is entered in
sys/platform/pc32/i386/locore.s (or pc64/x86_64 for 64 bit), although I
wouldn't necessarily recommend that as the first file to look at. :)

Our virtual kernels _do_ have a main() function because they are just
normal programs.

To learn, there isn't really anything general to recommend. Basically
it's "choose an area which interests you, try to find the place where
it's implemented, read the code and try to figure out what's happening". :)

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx