USB flash drive

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Thu Apr 29 17:50:28 PDT 2010

How do I get a USB flash drive working? I started usbd, stuck the stick in the
slot, and got this message in /var/log/messages, but I'm not sure what to do
next. The man page for umass refers to camcontrol, and the manpage for
camcontrol says it's dangerous.

Apr 30 00:20:10 dogla kernel: umass0: <Memorex TRAVELDRIVE 005B, class 0/0,
rev 2.00/1.10, addr 2> on uhub0

I'm going to a conference and may need to use it. I will hopefully have access
to my email while there (I succeeded in accessing the IMAP server with
Thunderbird).

Pierre
--
I believe in Yellow when I'm in Sweden and in Black when I'm in Wales.