Snapshots ordering on slave and pfs according to freequency for snapshot management

Siju George sgeorge.ml at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 03:13:06 PDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Francois Tigeot <ftigeot at wolfpond.org> wrote:> I think sysutils/rsnapshot does what you want. It uses hard links to simulate
> snapshots on classic filesystems and manages different ranges of snapshots.>> You can specify how much snapshots you want to keep for each range:>>  [rsnapshot.conf]>  interval        hourly  6
>  interval        daily   7>  interval        weekly  4>  interval        monthly 12>> The hammer utility would be much better if it implemented some similar> mechanism IMHO.>
Hi Francois, I am familiar with rsnapshot and have been using it/backuppc but I guess hammer snapshot is much faster and that rsnapshot when the directory has many files.Also when there are many small changes to many files spread over the day rsnapshot will store all the changed file as they are induvidually and will take more space if I take a snapshot every 5 mins.
Thanks for the tip :-)--Siju