Ideas and questions on pkgsrc

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Tue Apr 13 00:33:33 PDT 2010

Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:

My by far most important gripe w/ pkgsrc is the inability to do mass
upgrades from binary packages in a straightforward manner. Not even sure
if it's anything the pkgsrc developers are concerned with.
Can't you do this if you have the right make targets (e.g. check binary
packages first) and pkg_rolling-replace?

I think the problem you mean is more is 'mass upgrades from binary
packages in a remote location' ..

I think yeah - a lot of pkgsrc folks have a site-local
/usr/pkgsrc/packages hanging out in their automounter somewhere ..