Amount of wiki spam

Matthias Schmidt matthias at dragonflybsd.org
Mon Apr 26 08:41:23 PDT 2010

Hi,

as you might noticed the amount of spam in our wiki increases (at least
in my opinion).

I thought about some possibilities to reduce the amount of spam.  What
do you guys think about it?

- Registering a new account is no longer possible without administrator
  approval.  Is this supported by ikiwiki or would this lead to an
  enormous amount of approval posts?  Maybe Justin can comment on this
- Add some captchas to the wiki.  I really hate (!) captchas, but if
  this helps I'm fine with it.

- Maybe more ...

IMO the current protection of our main website is too fragile.  Some
weeks ago a malicious guy even managed it to remove our main site.  And
while I'm here: it would be nice if we could enforce "commit messages"
for the wiki.  Most people change things without explaining what
they're doing and you have to look into the git
changelog to figure it out.

Cheers

	Matthias