kontact is blank, kmail doesn't know imap

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Sat Apr 24 18:23:13 PDT 2010

I know I had kmail working before, because it came up and asked for my
password on the IMAP connection.

I just installed kdepim and ran kontact. I got the following messages:
-bash-3.2$ kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype
Kontact/Plugin not found
kontact: WARNING: Couldn't find autostart/korgac.desktop!
Settings|Configure Kontact displays a dialog box with "Empty Page" at the top
and "Select Components" at the bottom (which brings up another empty dialog
box), and below that the five buttons Help, Defaults, OK, Apply, and Cancel.

I then quit Kontact and ran Kmail. It shows 4207 unread messages in the IMAP
account. Attempting to configure Kmail brings up another blank page.
Attempting to access the IMAP account results in this error:
kmail: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'imap'.

What am I missing?

Pierre
--
When a barnacle settles down, its brain disintegrates.
Já não percebe nada, já não percebe nada.