Disabling snapshot symlinks during manual snapshot

Siju George sgeorge.ml at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 00:49:34 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Matthew Dillon
<dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
>    I think you want to use something like the 'hammer snapq' directive.
>    Look it up in the manual page.

Thanks Matt,

But I found it useful in another way.

I mounted the pfs one directory deeper in the filesystem and
configured snap shots to be taken there.

/Backup1/pfs/www-hot      /Backup1/www-5mbak/www-hot    null    rw
         0       0

/Backup1/pfs/@@-1:00005   454G   287G   168G    63%
/Backup1/www-5mbak/www-hot

Now I run cron every 5 mins to execute a script that rsyncs files from
the main development server and then snapshot the pfs to
/Backup1/www-5mbak

I shared /Backup1/www-5mbak read only using samba and the developers
can now get 5mis backup of any file  for 2 days.

To give them a daily backup access the same way I guess i will have to
configure a mirror and configure daily snapshots for them right?

I might get rid of backuppc if I can store at least 2 years worth of
Daily backups like this.

Is there any way to find the space used by a single PFS and the space
used by its snapshots ?

Thanks

--Siju