CD Boot 2.6.1

Jim Chapman cchapman8 at cogeco.ca
Fri Apr 16 16:29:13 PDT 2010

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Hmm.  Very odd.  The disk doesn't have a slices struct.  Are any
    drives other than the CD detected by the system boot?  If so try
    disconnecting them and see if the CD boots.  I suspect there's an
    unformatted drive connected that is tickling the bug.
					<dillon at backplane.com>

My system has a floppy drive and 2 ide drives. The master is a tape
drive (sa0) and the slave is a zip drive (da0).

If I disconnect the zip drive the CD boots OK. I tried booting with a
disk in the drive but it still failed.
I didn't try making the tape the slave and disconnecting it.

Thanks, Jim Chapman