HEADS UP: BIND Removal. Short instructions for migration to pkgsrc-BIND

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Mon Apr 12 23:04:41 PDT 2010

Jan Lentfer wrote:
As already announced I will push in my BIND removal patch-set to master
in the next few days. So anyone running a base-BIND on their system and
upgrading their world after I pushed that in will end up with no named
binary around anymore.
Hello -

I tried to checkout your repository to take a look at this at:

http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/~lentferj/dragonfly.git

and was getting some errors. I'm pretty new to git,
so it's 100% possible I'm screwing something up..
problems were:

# git clone http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/~lentferj/dragonfly.git
Initialized empty Git repository in /usr/data/srcs/tmp2/dragonfly/.git/
warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.
I then tried to copy in my 'git add-remote' and 'git ls-remote' to find
a branch
to 'pull' from, but this got errors too..

I totally see the repository in my web browser..

any ideas about what I'm screwing up - or is this repository
in flux?
cc'ing users@ for the hell of it..

cheers

- Chris