updating pkgsrc with git trouble

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Sep 24 08:33:13 PDT 2009

:> Could we handle it with 'make upgrade' or it would be too intrusive
:> for the user?
:
:	If it wiped /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles it would be a pain - if it
:carefully preserved that then I think it would be fine.
:
:--
:Steve O'Hara-Smith                          |   Directable Mirror Arrays

    It would be preserved by the git pull, but I think it would be
    too intrusive.  make upgrade has always worked without network
    connectivity before and I think it is important that it continue
    to do so.

					<dillon at backplane.com>