2.0 packages being removed from avalon

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Sep 23 18:29:17 PDT 2009

On Wed, September 23, 2009 6:26 am, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

> It is really bad to keep around packages we don't build anymore, because
> they get outdated and accumulate security problems.  And we don't have
> the resources to keep building packages.
>
> I think we should keep around what we can build for at the moment, and
> not a bit more.

If we only keep what we can build, that means not even the previous
release of DragonFly.  Keeping the files only uses disk space, really.  If
we have users who need them, I don't see a problem with doing so.

For comparison, NetBSD right now has two quarterly releases for two
different releases, which is similar to what we're doing:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/i386/