how should I build a pam_krb5 module?

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Tue Sep 1 12:13:19 PDT 2009

Ed Berger wrote:
I wanted to enable kerberos login in dragonfly-development, since
kerberos is used at my work place, so I uncommented the krb5 related
lines in the /etc/pam.d config files and found out the hard way that the
pam_krb5.so module was missing...
Yes, I noticed that as well.  The sources are there, though.  You could
try building it yourself, by doing the following steps.  However first
make sure you have heimdal installed from pkgsrc.

cd /usr/src/lib/pam_module/pam_krb5
env CFLAGS='-O -g -pipe '-I/usr/pkg/include/krb5 \
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/pkg/lib' -rpath /usr/pkg/lib' make
make install
If this pam then works, we then should find a way to enable it in
conjunction with pkgsrc kerberos.

cheers
  simon
--
  <3 the future  +++  RENT this banner advert  +++   ASCII Ribbon   /"\
  rock the past  +++  space for low CHF NOW!1  +++     Campaign     \ /