A little installing experience

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Thu Sep 3 22:45:00 PDT 2009

Hasso Tepper wrote:
> * System behaves well when installing, but after booting into installed
>   system from raid volume (pre-devfs system) there are constant intr 11
>   livelock messages in the console and the system is under 50%
>   interrupt load. This is gone if I disconnect SATA DVD (not ahci(4))
>   device. Why it isn't the while installing?

I'm answering to it myself - because the cd is mounted at install time. If
I mount it in the working system, interrupt storm stops as well. Isn't
there something low level annoying (probing?) the device if it isn't
mounted and it's not aligigning requests correctly (AFAIR SATA ATAPI
required requests being multiple of 4 (?) bytes)?

--
Hasso Tepper