2.4 install minor issues

Tim Darby t+dfbsd at timdarby.net
Sun Sep 20 10:36:50 PDT 2009

2.4 looks great!  The devfs stuff is very cool.  I just had a couple of minor things:- On both machines I've installed, a Dimension 4500 and an Inspiron 8000, the "hit any key to reboot" after a halt doesn't cause a reboot

- On a Studio 14z, I can't get either the CD or the DVD to boot using a plextor usb drive.  The first dozen lines or so of boot messages appear and then the machine reboots.  However, this same DVD drive boots fine with 2.4 on an Acer netbook.  I haven't had any trouble with internal DVD drives.

- Are devtab labels for multi-volumes with hammer working in fstab, newfs_hammer, or mount_hammer?Tim