bsd broadcom netxtreme 57xx compatibility

Niklas Rosencrantz niklasro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 18:04:25 PDT 2009

2009/9/9 Alexander Polakov <polachok at gmail.com>:
> 2009/9/9, Niklas Rosencrantz <niklasro at gmail.com>:
>> Greetings with thanks to all responsible for a very desirable bsd. I'm
>> a python/java/C user and scripter looking to setup a 2nd dragonfly
>> bsd for basic usage where the first installation went perfectly,
>> must now for a 2nd slightly different hw disable ACPI to complete boot
>> since otherwise it stops at paralell port, which I don't have,
>> detection.
>>
>> The network my rationale is to get online is offline, where same config with
>> another laptop's slightly
>> different hardware same brand works fine (though leaving learning to do such
>> as X config for nonroot and learning app adding and path updating)
>> and this computer, 2nd in a small network where ifconfig outputs
>> bge0: flags=....<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
>> options=1b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING>
>> ether [ip6 address]
>> media:Ethernet autoselect (100baseT <full-duplex>)
>> status:active
>
> pciconv -lv and dmesg output can be useful.

Sure with many thanks for already skilling above comprehension here and onward
#pciconf -lv
. ..802.11 irrelevance.....
vendor= 'Broadcom Corporation'
device = 'NetXtreme BCM5755M Gigabit Ethernet PCIe'
class = network
subclass = ethernet
cbb at pci3:1:0:  class=0x060700 card=0x01fe1028 chip=0x71351217 rev=0x21 hdr=0x02
. ..cardbus irrelevance...
#dmesg
serial ports disabled (by me by bios)
parallel port not found
. .seemingly irrelevant already working stuff...
bge0 <Broadcom BCM5775M Gigabit Ethernet> mem 0xf1bf0000-0xf1bffff irq
5 at device 0.0 on pci9
bge0: CHIP ID 0xa0020000; ASIC REV 0x0a; CHIP REV 0xa0;  PCI-E
miibus0:  <MII bus> on bge0