DragonFly 2.4.1 Released!

Niklas Rosencrantz niklasro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 05:31:17 PDT 2009

2009/10/9 Saifi Khan <saifi.khan at datasynergy.org>

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009, Erik Wikstr?m wrote:

> My proposal is that instead of releasing the code as X.Y.0 first make a
> X.Y.0 RC (Release Candidate). While the RC might not see as much usage

you make a valid point.

Now for the same users, it may be a good idea to make the tag
more search friendly as well.

Perhaps something like
  x.y-rc

and thus a .0 release has a clean tag 2.4.0 for example and
search engine results are cleaner, since they are not littered
with 2.4.0-RC and 2.4.0-RC2 etc.

What do you think ?Trivial: the less numbers and more natural toward user the better. "dev" "test" and "prod" are natural + POSIX time is very easy and natural to understand and standard. 1 scriptsyncbuild conveniently mnemoniced (eg "autorenew") to adjust whole thing, "autorenew" or likewise get latest version from preferred order hg,git,svn,cvs. now don't now how to make git-clone bit in the dark still super stable.