Editorial guidelines ?

Saifi Khan saifi.khan at datasynergy.org
Mon Oct 19 09:23:37 PDT 2009

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

> On Sat, October 17, 2009 9:43 pm, Saifi Khan wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > Can somebody more experienced, point to me the editorial
> > guidelines for editing articles on http://dragonflybsd.org/ ?
> >
> > 1. editing existing articles
> > 2. prior to submitting the article, how to get it reviewed
>
> There's this:
>
> http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/howtos/how_to_edit_this_site/
>
> It's mostly about the physical process.  Style concerns are limited to
> title formatting and making sure new articles are linked in the right
> sections, so we don't have orphans.
>
> If there's style issues or any other problem, I or someone else will clean
> up.  It's a wiki - the worst thing is to not contribute.  :)

Justin, thank you for reply.

Yes, i had earlier read the link above to check if
dragonflybsd.org was using markdown.

A website is the one of the most important platform that any
project can utilize to reach out to the potential community
members.

Some of the queries i had/have are as follows:

1. Format / layout related

.  is a .GIF file accepted as a image file or does one need to
  strictly adhere to .PNG/.JPG format ?

.  are IFRAME allowed to be inserted in the pages ?

.  are video <DIV> allowed to be used directly in the pages ?
  (the user sees a youtube like video screen and can click to
  see the video)

.  are modifications allowed to the local.css CSS file ?

.  are page style template changes allowed ?

2. Content related

.  can the technical content be written from a DragonFlyBSD
  promotional angle ?

.  what is the recommended div tag class for code/configuration
  snippets ?

.  when referring to source code in DragonFlyBSD repository,
  should a hyperlink be placed for the file or can the code be
  loaded in an IFRAME ?

.  is there a attic to move the old/expired content ?

3. Widget/Link related

.  is it allowed to associate service widgets like
  - sharethis / bookmark this widget

.  are links to DragonFlyBSD groups on Facebook, twitter
  timelines allowed on website ?

.  subdomain cleanup (eg. wiki.) policy.

Thank you for your time.

thanks
Saifi.