you must buildworld before you buildkernel. why ?

Niklas Rosencrantz niklasro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 06:15:42 PDT 2009

2009/10/13 Daniel Bond <db at danielbond.org>:
> Hi.
>
> I read it as you want to setup a git repository. I'm not sure exactly which
> version of git is required for the "--mirror" option, but I know it it
> present in
> 1.6.* version of Git. If someone has more accurate information about the
> version that introduced this feature, please let me know, and I will update
> the mirroring page (
> http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/howtos/How_to_mirror_DragonFly_with_Git/ ).
>
> It is very important to use a git-version which supports "--mirror", and the
> update-repo script,
> so that old branches are removed, and the repo presented to the client is as
> correct as possible.
> (I tried and failed quite a bit, not having this piece of information).
>

> Cheers,
>
> DB.
OK! Thanks, git is selfcontained, yum conflicts so git could renew
itself after little adjustments
Usage: /usr/bin/git-clone [--template=<template_directory>]
[--reference <reference-repo>] [--bare] [-l [-s]] [-q] [-u
Got local git 1.6.4 and remote 1.5.3.3 (above) to yum upgrade, just
small trick (remote) looking old Fedora:
yum update git
Repository base is listed more than once in the configuration
Setting up Update Process
Could not find update match for git
No Packages marked for Update
]# git --version
git version 1.5.3.3
2.6.9-023stab043.1-smp #1 SMP Mon Mar 5 16:35:19 MSK 2007 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux
/dev/vzfs              10G  5.1G  5.0G  51% /
seems certain git requires 1.6 for mirror or that mirror option is an
alias backcompatible to 2 prior gears. Can mirror via 2 vzfs
virtualized a.s.a.p. after little script. Proceeding anyway
compatibilizing with pleasure affirming success getting sources last
24 h both from Mr. Bond and default.
Regards