Suggestion fix for ikiwiki search results

Daniel Bond db at danielbond.org
Thu Nov 5 15:03:27 PST 2009

Hi,

on the DragonFly ikiwiki, search results include navigational
elements, from the parsed markdown output.
One example is:

http://www.dragonflybsd.org/wiki.cgi?P=dma

I think search results could improve if we installed a modified
IkiWiki/Plugin/search.pm. I'm not exactly sure how Ikiwiki includes
it's plugins,
but it might be possible to install it into a directory that has
higher presence in the perl search path ( perl -e 'print qq(@INC)' ).
This way it won't
conflict with pkgsrc.

I wasn't able to remove entire <div>..</div> blocks, with
HTML::Scrubber, so I replaced it with HTML::TreeBuilder. I'm no Perl
guru, so there
might be better libraries? Also, I wanted to keep out of the other
plugins way, so I didn't want to redefine $scrubber as a different
object.

The code has not been tested live in Ikiwiki, I tested it by saving
the output of ikiwiki, and piping it through equvilent code, so it
might need some
minor adjustmenst. If people like the idea, I can setup a test
environment of Ikiwiki in my homedir on leaf and test it further.

search.pm.diff

Cheers,