Are the repositories dor DragonFlyBSD 2.2.1?

Antonio Huete Jimenez ahuete.devel at gmail.com
Wed May 6 14:18:24 PDT 2009

Welcome to DragonFlyBSD Jose :)

Well, the problem is that, recently, some changes to libc were
introduced and now latest packages built for HEAD won't work for 2.2.1
or 2.2.2. This will be fixed soon.

In the mean time you can use packages compiled for 2.2.0 by doing this:

http://www.theshell.com/pub/DragonFly/packages/DragonFly-2.2.1/
>pkg_radd -v py24-libxml2

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Antonio Huete
Hello.

I am totally newbie with DragonFly. I have a little background with FreeBSD,
but i am understanding quickly DragonFly and FreeBSD do not are exactly the same
thing :) I am trying to use the utility pkg_radd, but without success:
# pkg_radd py-libxml2
ftp: Error retrieving file `404 Not Found'
ftp: Error retrieving file `404 Not Found'
pkg_add: no pkg found for 'py-lixml2', sorry.
pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
#
I know that i can use the pkgsrc building system, and i am using it, but the
machine where i have DragonFly installed is a bit slow. And for this
concrete case, package py-libxml2, the compilation fails with a lot of
errors.
If you can give some clues for use pkg_radd correctly, i would be very
grateful to you.
Thanks you very much, in advance.

Regards.

Jose.