[OT] Question about nanosleep

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Mon May 4 06:05:41 PDT 2009

walt wrote:
Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
walt wrote:
...Does DragonFly implement nanosleep, and if not, why not?
Yes, it does. There was just a bug in its code for signals. Fixed in
55d25c8782a76b25372313a908dff0a66d6ff342.
Yes, the test code works now, thanks!

You were foolish enough to respond to my question, so here's another one
for you ;o)
The way I spotted the failure of the nanosleep test on my amd64 linux
machine was that the 'configure' script hung (hanged?) forever while
running the nanosleep 'conftest' executable.
The part of this puzzle I don't understand is that the 'configure' code in
question hangs *only* when run in a gnome session(!)...
Well, someone else gave me the fix for this problem.  The proprietary video
driver from nVidia was breaking gnome somehow, and the fix was to update the
driver.  No idea why it caused the breakage, though.
Thanks anyway.