DragonFly 2.2.1 released!

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri May 1 07:54:14 PDT 2009

:But git checkout v2.2.1 was what i actually needed-:)
:
:So what I did was the following (in case whoever maintains the wiki
:page is interested):

    2.2.1 will not track additional changes made to the 2.2.x branch
    though.

    Maybe what is missing here is a local branch to track the
    remote branch.

    Try this:

    git branch origin/DragonFly_RELEASE_2_2 DragonFly_RELEASE_2_2
    git checkout DragonFly_RELEASE_2_2

:What I'm not clear about is if I need to do anything with pkgsrc. My
:guess is that applications shouldn't care what the X is in kernel
:version 2.2.X.

    Everything in the 2.2.x series uses the same package set.

    The main development branch (2.3.x) bumped the major version on libc
    which means all major packages would need to be recompiled, so I
    recommend sticking with the 2.2.x series for now.