Hammer feature suggestion

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue May 26 11:55:51 PDT 2009

:I was wondering if there is the possibility to make the PFSs crypt-able.
:You pass them the RSA/DSA pair key at mount (mount -key pathToKey
:/pfs/cryptedPFS ), the key could be stored in a removable device, like

    Not that we would build into HAMMER itself.  That sort of crypto needs
    to be its own block device of sorts.

    I think it will become easier to build those sorts of layers once
    the devfs project is done.  Then we could add a shadow block device
    topology that provides encrypted access to the disk block devices.