pkg_dry on DragonFlyBSD

Antonio Huete Jimenez ahuete.devel at gmail.com
Sat May 2 03:41:32 PDT 2009

Hi again,

As recommended by pkg_dry author (iMil), it is better to use CVS code
instead the milestone from 04-14 because it include a lot more changes.

For those who are interested on testing, you can grab the attached
script and it will:
- Install dependencies
- Checkout source and apply patches
- Compile and install
- Create initial data for pkg_dry

It will need root privileges and a inet connection.

Regards,
Antonio Huete
Hi,

The other day I heard about a new tool for handling pkgsrc binary
packages called pkg_dry, so I decided to give it a try.
You can see the original post here:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2009/04/14/msg003070.html

There is a small set of steps to make it work on DFBSD. You will need
libfetch (thanks joerg ;) and sqlite3 from pkgsrc.
I've attached a small patch that changes the paths for pkgtools
(pkg_add, pkg_delete, pkg_info)

----
fetch http://imil.net/NetBSD/pkg_dry-20090414.tgz
tar xvzf pkg_dry-20090414.tgz
cd pkg_dry
patch -p1 < pkgdry_pkgtools.patch
bmake NOGCCERROR=1
Then you'll need to set PKG_PATH environment variable to one of our
binary packages server, for example chlamydia so pkg_dry can grab
pkg_summary and the binary packages. You'll also have to create
manually the directory where pkg_dry DB and cache is stored.

setenv PKG_PATH
http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/pub/DragonFly/packages/DragonFly-2.3.0/All/
mkdir -p /var/db/pkg_dry/cache

Ok, now you can sync the package list from the remote repo.
#./pkg_dry -u
For further information about the usage you can consult the main post
of the utility in the URL I pasted above.

I've attached also a sample output with some basic tests I've done.

Regards,
Antonio Huete

getpkgdry.sh