ASUS Eee compatibility

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Mon Mar 23 14:04:11 PDT 2009

http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/~mneumann/dragonfly.git/shortlog/refs/heads/rt2860

>>> If Sephe thinks he'd like one, then I think this is a great idea. Count
>>> me in with 100 EUR.
>>
>> Sephe - would this, or similar hardware, be helpful?
>
> Sorry, I didn't follow this thread :)
>
> I have the hardware (a PCI card, somewhere lying in my office).  The
> problem is I don't have enough time.

No problem! For me it would just be a "nice to have". It's probably easier
to buy a supported mini-pci wireless card or use an usb wireless adapter. To
me it seems as if the wireless technology has faster development cycles than
wired network cards, so that it's waste of time to support a chip as it
quickly becomes outdated. Maybe I'm just wrong :)

Btw, yesterday I tested the DragonFly LiveDVD on the ASUS EEE 1000H, and it
works very well. SMP, X all fine!

Regards,

  Michael