Dragonfly used in production

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sun Jun 21 12:36:50 PDT 2009

On Sun, June 21, 2009 12:23 pm, Siju George wrote:
> Which all file systems do dragonfly support?
> I am planning to set up a backup server with 2 500GB hard disks on RAID 1
> the problem with UFS large partitions is the time they take to fsck
> after an unclean shutdown. I think ZFS in FreeBSD solves this problem
> for BSDs. Also is RAID FRAME available in dragonfly? if not what is
> available for software raid?
> Also is there an amd64 version of dragonfly?
> Thanks

Hammer does not have have long fsck periods; that was one of the design
goals.

There's no software RAID as part of Hammer right now; you could use CCD or
maybe vinum?  This isn't directly helpful, but I usually favor hardware
RAID when possible.

The AMD64 version is in progress right now as a Summer of Code project.