Instant crash with Linux OpenOffice

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jun 2 11:46:40 PDT 2009

:Hi,
:
:I have recently upgraded the root fs to Hammer on one of my machines. Since
:then, I have been unable to run any version of OpenOffice.
:Previously, misc/openoffice2-bin and misc/openoffice3-bin ran fine.
:
:The OS is DragonFly 2.2.2-RELEASE.
:
:The splash screen begins to appear and then OpenOffice crashes with some weird
:errors:
:
:$ soffice
:javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!
:sh: g/,: No such file or directory
:
:$ soffice
:javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!
:sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
:sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
:
:I'm not sure how to debug this.
:
:--
:Francois Tigeot

    I've had similar issues with OpenOffice but I have never been able
    to figure out what's wrong.  I don't think it is HAMMER per-say, but
    instead something related to our linux emulation that is breaking.
    It seems to happen more consistently with HAMMER but issues also pop
    up with UFS.

    It could be related to the path prefixing the linux emulation does
    to give priority to the emulation directory structure on lookups.

					<dillon at backplane.com>