Call for help with firefox 3.5

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Thu Jul 2 02:30:20 PDT 2009

I made Firefox 3.5 (wip/firefox in the pkgsrc) work on DragonFly. Thanks
to Matt who implemented shared POSIX semaphores in 10 minutes HTML5
video/audio tags are working now as well (you need a very recent master
for that). There is still problems though.

In videos there are sync problems (audio is about second behind the
picture) and it crashes often while seeking or if video just finishes
playing.

My guess is that it's related OSS backend because nobody actually uses it
in the upstream (I don't think that any OS relevant today except FreeBSD
and DragonFly use OSS by default at all). There are several commits into
other backends to solve sync problems, but none into OSS code. Therefore
call for help - if you can and understand what OSS is (I don't ;), please
look at it.

--
Hasso Tepper