kernel: HAMMER: WARNING: Missing inode for dirent

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jul 22 10:31:57 PDT 2009

:>
:> =A0 =A0Were you accessing a snapshot or the live filesystem at the time o=
:f
:> =A0 =A0the warning?
:>
:
:I was accessing the live file system.

    That sort of error is not supposed to happen on a live filesystem
    *MASTER*.  It *CAN* occur on a slave if you are racing a mirror update.

    Was this with the current development release or with 2.2.x ?  There
    was a bug in earlier 2.2.x releases where very high filesystem volume
    could result in a directory entry getting out of sync with its inode.
    It was fixed, though and shouldn't happen in 2.3.x (development tree)
    or in the latest 2.2.x branch.

					<dillon at backplane.com>
:
:Snapshots are disabled in my case. So that must not be the reason I guess
:There was a lot of Data being written to the pfs in this case.
:backuppc was rsyncing GBs of Data from 3 differrent machines and
:hammer mirror-stream was mirroring it to the slave pfs on the fly.
:
:Thanks for your reply :-)
:
:--Siju