fdisk implementation [read this before deciding what to do]

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jan 7 23:41:28 PST 2009

:I could put up a binary if anybody wants to play with it.  If you guys
:are interested in taking it over, making it an official part of
:Dragonfly, and updating it for the new disk labels, etc, we were
:considering going ahead and releasing the source.  If not, we will
:probably hold off and release it later on as part of some other projects
:after we get a chance to finish it ourselves.  But that might be
:a while.

    Well, it sounds quite interesting to me though if it does not yet
    support disklabel64's maybe I could get you guys to add that before
    submitting it.   The boot1/boot2 images have recently changed in
    order to support generating different sets for 32 bit disklabels and
    64 bit disklabels.

    It would have to be open-sourced with a BSD style license if you want
    to submit it.  We might cringe a bit if it needs a manual page
    written plus a lot of code cleanup.

					<dillon at backplane.com>