The state of DragonFly and pkgsrc 2008Q4

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Sat Jan 3 08:06:23 PST 2009

Simon 'corecode' Schubert schrieb:
Matthias Schmidt wrote:
We should adopt the following policy:  Before someone commits some big
diff (like the mentioned one) or some stuff that breaks the
API/whatever, the diff should be applied to clean machine which runs a
full pkgsrc bulk build.  If the build fails, there is enough time to
fix occurring problems and rebuild.  Once the bulk build runs fine, the
diff can be committed to master.
This takes some time and delays the introduction of new "features", but
it should save us from broken pkgsrc builds ...
-100, neg, horrible solution.  can't let changes in world be dictated by whatever in pkgsrc.
Well it wouldn't necessarily have to dictate which action we take but it
would surely help catch regressions like this beforehands. Though it
seems a bit unwieldy given the time it takes.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx