hammer: undelete and questions

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Feb 28 19:16:17 PST 2009

::Hey all,
::Im still trying to figure out how to undelete a file (without going to
::snapshots). Undo complains that file doesnt exist or has been renamed,
::
::1) what else can I do?
::
::2) How do I access transaction history of a file that I deleted?
::
::Thanks,
::PEtr

    Oh, another possibility... if the directory containing the file
    was deleted and recreated, then undo will not be able to locate the
    file under the current directory's inode.  At the moment undo does
    not recurse upwards looking for multiple versions of the directory
    path leading up to the file.

    If that is the case the best way to find the file is to run through
    the snapshots.