fdisk implementation [read this before deciding what to do]

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Tue Feb 17 10:58:36 PST 2009

61842.GA93290 at quark.hightek.org> <20090217175440.16920046 at aNX>

Jost Tobias Springenberg wrote:
> Is there any chance of this moving forward ?
> As mentioned in my previous  post I really need this feature :). If you
> need any help or the like I would be more than happy to help and get
> this project on track again!
> Otherwise I might go back to were I started off and finish a new fdisk
> with less features myself.
>
> Greetings,
> 	Tobi

I need it also - even my laptop has all four *BSD on one HDD. One of the
towers has those four, plus Solaris, Slackware, Minix, Syllable...

However ... I don't code 'C', and ASM is probably not in your plans...

But I sure can *test* on a wide range of MB, controllers, media, and
'foreign' OS disk layouts.

The 'feature' I need most is an fdisk (and a disklabel) that at least do
not harm what they cannot understand.

;-)

Bill