fdisk implementation [read this before deciding what to do]

Vincent Stemen vince.dragonfly at hightek.org
Sat Feb 28 11:14:26 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 05:54:40PM +0000, Jost Tobias Springenberg wrote:
> Is there any chance of this moving forward ?
> As mentioned in my previous  post I really need this feature :). If you
> need any help or the like I would be more than happy to help and get
> this project on track again!
> Otherwise I might go back to were I started off and finish a new fdisk
> with less features myself.

Update:

After additional consideration and some discussion on the Dragonfly IRC,
etc,  we have decided to go ahead and put this project on the back
burner for now.  For one, it may be a while before we can get around to
adding disklabel64 support.  Also, the Dragonfly community seems to want
built in interactive mode and compatibility with the existing disklabel
and fdisk tools.  Our tools are designed specifically to be run under
front end scripts and are not interactive or command line compatible
with the existing tools.

Sorry about the delay in following up on this.