Hammer FS: imposing a size limit on PFS?

Jurij Kovacic jurij.kovacic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 05:40:30 PST 2009

Hello fellow DragonFly users,

I have a newbie question:
DragonFly 2.2 installer automatically creates PFSs for /home, /var, /usr
 and /tmp. Is there a way to limit the sizes of respective PFSs or do
you   have to create separate slices to acomplish this?

I would like to use DragonFly OS for a test web site, so initially, I
wanted to implement the following partitioning scheme,

/ 256MB
swap 4G
/usr 5G
/var 5G
/home 2G
/jails 50G
but it seems the installer has problems if the root partition is too
small (say 256MB). What would be the reccomended size for root partition
then?

On a side note - what would be the best source of information relating
to Hammer, apart from http://www.dragonflybsd.org/hammer/ and man pages?

Kind regards,
Jurij Kovacic