BFBI OTT bug or limitation?

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Mon Feb 23 02:21:33 PST 2009

Robert Luciani wrote:
'du' on the master cannot seem to locate where TF the '94%' df reports
for /hmr is hiding, but never mind.. we can nuke and newfs that
partition at will.
I've probably misunderstood your post, but isn't that how hammer is supposed to
behave? The 94% used is because hammer never erases anything. So if you haven't
made snapshots, you can clear that up by pruning the disk. man 5 hammer
have fun :)
Supposedly.

But the default cleanup script in /etc/periodic/daily has not made any
difference over the past several days, basically reports nothing to be
done when manually fired-off.

As much as anything else, I'm trying to evaluate the 'defaults' before
the world starts whingeing.

First impression is that I'd realy rather NOT have the boot and rest of
the system sitting on the same hammerfs as Lusers will reside on (/home).

Nor necessarily have '/', '/usr'. '/var' on a hammerfs at all, even IF
severed from userland/app-land...

Not yet, anyway....

Best,

Bill