the 'why' of pseudofs

Jost Tobias Springenberg jspringe at uos.de
Wed Feb 18 02:10:01 PST 2009

I do not want to sound offensive here but I don't get the point of this discussion at all.
What exactly is wrong with null mounts and / or the way PFS work ?

If you want to have seperate partitions instead of PFS, thats perfectly fine, nobody
forces you to use PFS everywhere. In fact It might be very reasonable to keep data from home
directories seperated from other data or the like.

Regarding null_mounts, I do not see any programm that might not be able to work with them.
And User failure is also not a real issue here, as those mounts can be secified in fstab as well as
any other mount and the concept is not that hard to grasp.
Regards,
	Tobi