hammer: undelete and questions

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Feb 28 23:12:49 PST 2009

:petr at elevator:/home/petr> undo -i T_X_F_07x05.part1.rar
:Cannot locate src/historical idx=-1 T_X_F_07x05.part1.rar@@0x0000000000000000,
:the file may have been renamed in the past.

    It should not even be trying to test a transaction id of 0.

:Which is weird because it definately wasnt renamed, was just deleted. Im
:running DF 2.3 thats from the 7th feb.
:
:I cant find the files in the snapshot from yesterday either (snapshot run at
:3PM), and I added the file later on.
:
:I think it may be caused by the fact that when Kget starts downloading it
:firstly saves the file as filename.part and once it finishes it removes
:the .part.
:
:Petr

    Try recompiling and installing the undo utility in the latest sources.
    You should be able to run it w/ a Feb 7th kernel.

    Then do undo -i <filename> again.

					<dillon at backplane.com>