Updating USB stack from FBSD 8.x and others

elekktretterr at exemail.com.au elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Mon Dec 14 02:38:54 PST 2009

> Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with BTX + loader?
> It's working quite well for me, and I like the fact that
> it is scriptable so you can do whatever you want, e.g.
> create your own menus and so on.  (Admittedly FORTH is
> not the most intuitive language to program in, but you
> get used to it.)

Hardware. I've had 2 keyboards now(USB wireless) that simply dont work in
loader. So chainloading wont help. Meanwhile they work perfect in GRUB. I
would expect plenty more keyboards to be made that will not work. Its a
hassle that need not be.

And in regards to scripts and making menu the way you want. Editing grub
menu is super easy, but you know. A nice graphical DragonFly logo in grub
would also lighten things up.

Common, its the 21st century. ASCII logos may have been cool in the 80's
but now its more like cliche. Seeing that a goal of DragonFly is write
unix technologies of the new century, I think a graphical boot menu is a
must.

Even OpenSolaris now uses grub.