Lost all Data

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Tue Aug 11 07:04:02 PDT 2009

Siju George wrote:
Hi,

I dont Know when this actually happened today or yesterday.
After the Update I found that the pfss on my Master and Slave mirror
are completely missing.
I cannot point out to anything except upgrade because nothing happens
on the system except upgrade that is of administration status.
mount -a gives

 mount -a
hammer: No such file or directory
hammer: No such file or directory
mount: /Backup1/Data: No such file or directory
My master pfs was /Backup1/pfs/Data mounted using

/Backup1/pfs/Data      /Backup1/Data    null    rw              0       0

And Slave pfs was /Backup2/pfs/Data
Both pfs folders are missing.
# cd /Backup1
# undo -i pfs
pfs: ITERATE ENTIRE HISTORY: Unknown error: 0
undo does not work on directories, try hammer history

Any Idea how to get the data back?
it doesn't seem that /Backup1 or /Backup2 are mounted.  Did maybe your device numbers change and mount can not find the file systems?  What happens if you try to mount them manually?

cheers
 simon