pkg_radd improvements

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Thu Aug 6 18:45:11 PDT 2009

On Thu, August 6, 2009 1:29 pm, James Frazer wrote:
> Will this fix the problem on 2.2.1 where it was trying to download from
> some host at evilprojects.net? (which didn't seem to resolve properly).
>
> I can't remember the details, but I seemed to have some problems
> installing packages (which I should have documented better) which
> required some kind of override using $BINPKG_SITES.

Yes.  The 2.2 version of pkg_radd went to pkgbox.dragonflybsd.org, which
had a script to redirect the request to any of a number of pkgsrc binary
mirrors.  It worked relatively well for an ad hoc solution, but not all of
them were always up to date.

pkg_radd requests to pkgbox.dragonflybsd.org now redirect to the
appropriate directory on avalon.dragonflybsd.org, which has a (as much as
I can get it) complete package set and much better bandwidth.