HPET cputimer

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 04:01:02 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Hasso Tepper <hasso at estpak.ee> wrote:
> Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:
>> HPET cputimer is committed to HEAD.  I suggest to try it out on your
>> boxes running HEAD, if 'acpidump -d | grep HPET' shows that you have
>> HPET device.
>
> On two of my machines HPET seems to work fine, but not on my desktop. HPET
> device section looks like this:
>
> Device (HPET)
> {
>    Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103"))

I am not an expert of ACPI stuffs, but two of my boxes have following
section in HPET table:

                    Name (CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
                    {
                        Memory32Fixed (ReadOnly,
                            0xFED00000,         // Address Base
                            0x00000400,         // Address Length
                            _Y1C)
                    })

Looks like yours doesn't have the "resource template".  May be BIOS
disabled it by default?

YONETANI san is cc'd.

Best Regards,
sephe