One more pkgsrc problem

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Wed Apr 15 04:12:18 PDT 2009

Hasso Tepper wrote:
> Building devel/libgweather fails 100% during bulk build with "Out of
> memory" message. It took some time to find out why the heck it builds
> fine on my development machine (PIV with 256MB memory), but fails 100%
> on my bulk build machine (Core2 with 2GB memory). But the point is
> chroot. Building in chroot environment fails. Any ideas? Is there
> memory limits specific to chroot?

There is another package which fails to build in chroot, but builds just
fine in normal environment - www/firefox3. The message isn't memory
related though:

nsIConsoleListener.idl
. ./../dist/bin/xpidl -m header -w -I. -I../../dist/idl -o
_xpidlgen/nsIConsoleListener nsIConsoleListener.idl

** (process:79087): WARNING **: Parse of nsIConsoleListener.idl failed:
unknown error (9)
make[4]: *** [_xpidlgen/nsIConsoleListener.h] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/usr/pkgsrc/www/firefox3/work/mozilla/xpcom/base'
make[3]: *** [export] Error 2

While libgweather has shown similar failures before (at some point it just
didn't fail any more), firefox3 failure is new and appeared after libc
changes. Any (I really mean it) ideas?

--
Hasso Tepper