Drupal on DragonFly?

Robert Luciani rluciani at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 01:54:24 PDT 2009

Colin Adams wrote:
> Ok.
>
> But I would like to know from anyone who might have tried this.
>
> 2009/4/6 Jordan Gordeev <jgordeev at dir.bg>:
>> Colin Adams wrote:
>>
>>> Does Drupal + Apache work fine on DragonFly? I'm thinking about moving
>>> installing DragonFly on my webserver (just so I can call my website
>>> Dragonflies on DragonFly :-) )
>>>
>> DragonFly gets its application software from pkgsrc.
>> If Drupal + Apache work in pkgsrc, they supposedly work in DragonFly.
>> The best way to see what works and what doesn't is to prepare a test setup.
>> Preparing a test setup is also a mandatory step before deploying in
>> production.

I've been using Drupal for a long time with DragonFly. It works really well.
However, I'd recommend not using the Drupal found in pkgsrc because it lags
behind the official one by quite a bit, which is prone to regular security
updates. All the other tools are in pkgsrc though, albeit was a bit finicky to
get all the PHP things going. Also if you don't have too much traffic, why not
run it in a vkernel in case of a security compromise.

Good luck :)

--
Robert Luciani
Chalmers University of Technology, SWE