Mid-term release 2.2.1 slated for Sunday

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Thu Apr 23 20:39:33 PDT 2009

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Question: (particularly given HAMMER's penchant for large media...)
:
:Will the 'stock' installer be GUID Partition Table capable?
:(including creation as, installation to, and boot from)
:
:Bill Hacker
    Not unless someone did the work to integrate gpt into the installer.

					<dillon at backplane.com>
No way I'll have anything definitive in time, so not to worry.

I'm working with manual approach on FreeBSD, trialing editing and
migration using DragonFlyBSD on FreeBSD-created GPT and the reverse.
Just about to introduce NetBSD-current into that mix. OpenBSD 'later' if
at all.

What I am after is an 'agnostic' stand-alone-capable maintenance toolset
to support both portability/sharing of 'data' storage (UFS "1" if need
be) and multi-boot. I'm hoping to side-step the NIH legacy disklabel
disjoint between/among the *BSD's.

Looks to be more a scripting exercise than coding - the tools are
generally already there in each OS.

Regards,

Bill