KQEMU 1.4.0pre1 for QEMU 0.10.1

Johannes Hofmann johannes.hofmann at gmx.de
Sun Apr 19 03:23:06 PDT 2009

Hi,

Michael Neumann <mneumann at ntecs.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 23:16:37 -0700
> Naoya Sugioka <naoya.sugioka at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I just motivated to port kqemu module since QEMU starts working good
>> recently, according to this mailing list.
>
> Hi,
>
> I'd really like to see a working kqemu on DragonFly...
>
> If your compare kqemutest.messages.fly with kqemutest.messages.linux
> you'll notice some "kqemu_unlock_user_page failed" messages for
> Dragonfly nearly the end. They don't occur on Linux. Maybe this is
> related to your performance problems?

After looking at vm/vm_glue.c and vm/vm_map.c I tried to use:

ret = vm_map_wire(&vm->vm_map, va, va+PAGE_SIZE, 0);

to wire a page and:

ret = vm_map_wire(&vm->vm_map, va, va+PAGE_SIZE, KM_PAGEABLE);

to unwire it.

This seems to solve the "kqemu_unlock_user_page failed" errors, but I
still get guest panics with the linux-0.2.img form qemu.org and don't
see any performance gains :(

Cheers,
Johannes