/boot as a boot partition

Stefan Johannesdal stefan.johannesdal at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 07:22:32 PDT 2008

Another small roadbump. I got myself a new shiny HDD and decided that
since I am to move my installation over to it anyways, it's HAMMER time
for real. Time to stop testing and start using. Long story short, one
eye at /usr/share/examples/rconfig/hammer.sh and off I went setting
things up and cpduping stuff over. Changed the necessary stuff and
rebooted. Snag...

---8<-----
loader: not a directory
No /boot/loader
BTX loader 1.00 ...
.
.
.
DragonFly/i386 bootstrap loader ...
. ..
can't open '/boot/loader.4th' : no such file or directory

/kernel ...
Hit [Enter] to boot immediatly, ...
OK, loader prompt up and after telling it about the usb thingy, where
the modules actually are, where the root fs and the smp kernel are, it
booted. I guess something is missing when it comes to having /boot on
it's own small partition. Or I missed telling the system something
important.

--

Mvh  - Stefan -