VLC problem running on DragonFly 2.0.0

Archimedes Gaviola archimedes.gaviola at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 15:34:29 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 3:03 AM, Max Herrgård <herrgaard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> As I've promised, here's the package info of Xfce4 on my laptop. I
>> also have the ktrace output of my VLC. Since the ktrace output is a
>> very very large file (around 40MB) then I only filter the VLC-specific
>> results. Unfortunately, the filtered VLC ktrace output was still big
>> enough to be sent, so I compressed it as attached. I have also
>> observed that the firefox3 on my laptop do core dumped too, a very
>> similar behavior to VLC that when you run it over Xfce4 environment,
>> its process will die right away and a core dumped on the dmesg is
>> reported. But this problem is intermittent which happens very unusual.
>
> *snip*
>
> Hi again. Great trace output there, however I'm afraid it's a bit too
> advanced for me to track any errors down :) Hopefully someone else can help
> you out!
>

> //Max

Hi Max,

By the way, thanks for giving your time and effort on this problem.
Don't worry if this an advance work for you, for now I'll be using the
other option using the command-line of running VLC on my Xfce
environment. As based on the ktrace findings, if someone could only
describe the cause of the core dump then it would be better and
appreciated so that I can have an idea on what's going on to the
problem.

Thanks,
Archimedes