find hammer tid by timestamp

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Oct 23 21:28:03 PDT 2008

:Hi,
:
:finally I implemented a method to get a hammer tid from
:around a given time.
:
:This patchlet adds timestamps to the output of hammer mirror-dump:
:http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~hofmann/mirror-dump.patch
:And this bash script makes use of it to find a tid from around a given
:time stamp:
:http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~hofmann/findtid.sh
:
:You can call it like this:
:
:findtid.sh <filesystem> <secs since epoch>
:
:Here is an example:
:...
:Cheers,
:Johannes
:
:PS: Please correct me if I'm missing something!

    Hey, pretty good!  I was a bit surprised someone did it in a
    shell script, and I think it might eat a lot of memory, but
    it is a good demonstration.  Thanks for writing it!

    What we need is a C version of your script that directly runs
    the mirror-read ioctl and collects the results.

					<dillon at backplane.com>